So I mentioned movies but haven't heard anything back yet. Tweet me some movie ideas and I'll grab 'em if I've got 'em. Also bringing microwave popcorn.
Because I'm all squeeing with happy at everyone who has said they want to come (OHEMGEEYOULIKEMEYOUREALLYREALLYLIKEME) I think the best way to go over what I have so far is with bullet points. So, here goes:
- The official date of our slumber party is Saturday, August 6th. We have access to the facility any time after 4pm that day and just have to be out before 2pm on Sunday.
- The location is the Girl Scout Service Center in St. Paul (Anokii Room). The address is 400 Robert St S, St. Paul, MN 55107.
- There is a $65.00 rental fee, which I already paid. I figured I could just put out a jar for donations? If everyone who can afford it throws a few bucks at me we should be good. Don't feel like you have to pay to come though. I'd rather you be here and not donate than have the donation be an issue!! (Trust me folks, I GET BEING POOR and am not all Judgy McJudgerson about it. I'll put out a donation thing and throw something in if you can. If there is too much money (which would be a happy problem to have) then I will donate the overages to Dave's Lemonade Stand. Deal?
- I have not seen the facility but have rented space from the Girl Scouts before and have had good experiences. If anyone wants to sneak over there and see if you can get some pics to share beforehand then let me know. I'm sure it will be fine though. From what I understand it fits 35 people comfortably and they have mattresses we can use for sleeping.
- You will need to bring bedding to sleep on if you are staying overnight. I'm not sure of the quality of the mattresses but am assuming there will be plenty and in the past I've just piled up a couple to sleep on. Air mattresses might not be a bad idea just in case as you can always not blow it up if you don't need it.
- I plan to be wearing my pajamas as soon as I walk into the place and am not changing until I leave. Make up optional. Shoes optional. Combing hair? Optional. :) I plan to R-E-L-A-X.
- As far as food goes, I was thinking of just doing a potluck-type deal. Just email me at minnesotajoy at gmail dot com and tell me what you would like to bring. If you are just popping in for a quick visit, please don't feel like you have to bring anything. I will update this blog with your twitter name and the item you are bringing as I get responses so that we don't all bring chips. :) I am told there is a grill area type deal outside and I plan to bring s'mores stuff. Also, there is an outdoor cooking kit that I requested in case you are feeling adventurous. I used to be a camp director so I'm kinda badass. Just sayin'.
- BYOB - if you have questions about what is appropriate then email me. *wink*
- There is a TEVEE and DVD player to use if you want to do movie night. Email me what you want to watch and I'll do another list. Can't have us all bringing Beaches now can we?
- There is also a microwave in the kitchen area, as well as a stove, oven and refrigerator. There are pots and pans and whatnot but not actual plates and silverware so you'll want to bring some for eating. I'll bring some extras in case anyone forgets.
- There IS wireless internet in case you desperately need to Tweet/Blog/G+/whatever.
- I will be bringing my Hygeia breast pump. If you pump and don't want to lug yours, just bring your own hoses, flages and bottles as the pump is a closed-system and approved for multi-person use.
- I will also be bringing the little nursling that requires the use of the breast pump. I donate milk so I pump more than she eats. I was thinking about saying 'Girls Only Plus Nurslings'. Everyone ok with that?