Update: Those who cannot make it on Saturday are welcome to join some of us at lunch on Sunday - noon at Boca Chica in St. Paul - here's the web site:
http://www.bocachicarestaurant.com/. Please just let me know in the comments or on Twitter so that we can have enough seats. So far 5 of us are going!
So anyone who follows me on Twitter knows I'm having a rough time of it lately. I am working hard to feel better and decided that canceling our gathering would not be good for me so it is STILL ON. I think the best thing I can possibly do to feel better is to surround myself with friends and good food and time together. Yes?
So, because little has been planned I'm asking for a favor. Please comment on this post with the following:
- Are you coming? Alone or with guests or nurslings?
- Are you just popping in or planning to stay all night?
- What time are you planning to arrive? (Any time after 4pm is fine)
- If you are not staying overnight and want to watch a movie with us, which one would you like to see? If you own it on DVD could you bring it?
- If you ARE staying overnight, can you bring a munchie snack and if so, what?
- If you plan to be there at suppertime (5ish) can you bring a dish to pass and if so what?
- The official date of our slumber party is Saturday, August 6th. We have access to the facility any time after 4pm that day and just have to be out before 2pm on Sunday.
- The location is the Girl Scout Service Center in St. Paul (Anokii Room). The address is 400 Robert St S, St. Paul, MN 55107.
- There is a $65.00 rental fee, which I already paid. I figured I could just put out a jar for donations? If everyone who can afford it throws a few bucks at me we should be good. Don't feel like you have to pay to come though. I'd rather you be here and not donate than have the donation be an issue!! (Trust me folks, I GET BEING POOR and am not all Judgy McJudgerson about it. I'll put out a donation thing and throw something in if you can. If there is too much money (which would be a happy problem to have) then I will donate the overages to Dave's Lemonade Stand. Deal?
- I have not seen the facility but have rented space from the Girl Scouts before and have had good experiences. If anyone wants to sneak over there and see if you can get some pics to share beforehand then let me know. I'm sure it will be fine though. From what I understand it fits 35 people comfortably and they have mattresses we can use for sleeping. You will need to bring bedding or sleeping bags or whatever to sleep on. Air mattresses not a bad idea if you have a bad back.
- You need to bring your own things to eat with (paper plates, utensils, something to drink) but not cooking utensils. There is a kitchen that is stocked with those items.
- There is a shower but you'll need to bring bath items (towels, soap, shampoo, etc)
- I didn't see anything in the paperwork about alcohol on site, but I suppose if one wanted to bring a bottle of wine or something it should be ok as long as we are respectful about it. You will need to bring your own drinks. I'll bring water and Dr. Pepper and am willing to share of course. I'll probably make a pitcher or two of sweet tea while I'm there as well.
- I plan to be wearing my pajamas as soon as I walk into the place and am not changing until I leave. Make up optional. Shoes optional. Combing hair? Optional. :) I plan to R-E-L-A-X.
- Potluck for food. Bring a dinner item if you are there before 5pm otherwise munchies for movie night are fine too. If you are just popping in for a quick visit, please don't feel like you have to bring anything.
- There IS wireless internet in case you desperately need to Tweet/Blog/G+/whatever.
- I will be bringing my Hygeia breast pump. If you pump and don't want to lug yours, just bring your own hoses, flages and bottles as the pump is a closed-system and approved for multi-person use.
- I will also be bringing the little nursling that requires the use of the breast pump. I donate milk so I pump more than she eats. I was thinking about saying 'Girls Only Plus Nurslings'.
Let me know if I forgot anything!!