- My father-in-law has been in and out (and in and out and in and out) of the hospital – pulmonary embolisms, possible heart issues, sepsis, and pneumonia…the poor guy just keeps hanging in there though and for that we are truly grateful. Thank to all who offered thoughts and prayers on his behalf via Twitter. (I’m much better at updating on there than I am on here apparently so follow me if you want more frequent updates!)
- My hubby started a new job which is actually his old job (which I mentioned in my last post) and so far he is loving it.
- Jamie went in for a check-up on his apnea and he has not outgrown it. I’m pretty sad - I was really hoping that it would go away around the one-year-old mark. That is usually what happens. Not with our boy though. *sigh* We follow-up next week with the allergy department to see if that has anything to do with it and follow up again with the sleep medicine department in a few months. His doctor mentioned doing another sleep study.We are less than thrilled at the idea. The one he had when he was only months old was very hard and that was before he was really active. Now that he is walking (and running) and has developed quite a strong will…yikes. I can’t even imagine it going very well. Hoping it doesn’t come to that.
(Pics are from his first sleep study. Look how wired up he is...there is NO way he's going to keep those on now!
- On a positive note, he has so many words now...newest ones are 'Elmo' and 'homework'. (I kid you not. The kid is brilliant. Pointed at Katy's homework and said it plain as day.) I make smart babies!
- Work is going ok for me. Semester started at the University and I’ve been super busy. Lots of last-minute changes on stuff. I realized something very profound and am thinking about having it printed on a t-shirt and am going to share it with you today. Ready? JUST BECAUSE IT WASN’T MY MISTAKE DOESN’T MEAN I DON’T HAVE TO FIX IT. This, my friends, is the story of my life. You’re welcome.
- Got into a car accident earlier in the week, which didn’t bode well for the rest of the week. My car is fine…her’s…not so much. Bad conditions, jerk behind me decided to change lanes and zoom up next to me when I’d already committed to the lane change so I had to swerve back in and I hit the car in front of me that just happened to stop abruptly at the wrong time. Boy I’d like to get my hands on the person who was behind me…*grumble*. Anyway, thank God for car insurance so we don’t have to pay anything out of pocket for repairs and more importantly THANK GOD no one was injured. I’m really starting to hate driving. Seriously.
Anyway…that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Had lots of bloggy ideas swirling around in my brain earlier in the week but seemed to have forgotten them all. Feel free to comment and give me ideas…lol. In the meantime, until I get my mojo back, feel free to hop over to Ubi es Caelum. She is an absolutely beautiful writer and new to blogging. Tell her Jo sent ya. ;)